Volunteer roles “Thank you for your support” (Jill and Minnie)
Come Volunteer with us…
Volunteers are critical to our organization. Each tax season our volunteers contribute their time and expertise at one of or more Tax-Aid’s sites within the six Bay Area counties. In 2017, our volunteers provided over 6,500 hours of service which directly enabled clients to receive over $2.8 million in federal and state refunds.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Have strong communication skills
- Are comfortable working with diverse populations
- Are willing to volunteer four Saturdays during the tax season (January until April 15th)
Tax-Aid Volunteer Handbook
- Where should I volunteer? Click on the site profiles to learn more about all of our tax locations.
- For a list of our Volunteer roles click here.
Do you want to volunteer after the tax sites close?
Tax-Aid launched Tax-Aid 365 in 2017 to overwhelming success. Tax-Aid 365 helps people with their tax issues throughout the year. Currently, help for people with these issues is extremely limited–few non-profit organizations offer this help and for-profit corporations charge a premium. The IRS has substantially reduced its services to taxpayers. Tax-Aid 365 fills this gap. Tax-Aid 365 will be available to clients outside of tax season; May – January. If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com.