Tax-Aid provides free high-quality tax return preparation for Bay Area families with incomes less than $54,000. Most of our sites offer tax service on a first-come, first served basis. No Appointments are necessary. Scroll down to learn more about what to bring to the tax site, appointments, services for those with income over $54,000 and refund status.
Click here to view 2017 tax sites
Show up early and bring any of the following documents:
- Tax forms from your job (Form W2)
- Any tax forms from your bank or other work (including Form 1099s)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number cards for you, your children and/or your spouse
- Any tax forms for your Social Security income or retirement income
- Any other tax forms showing income you receive
- Any forms related to a student loan or tuition you paid including the cost of course material
- The name, address and Social Security number or Employer Identification Number for your babysitter or child care provider
- Property tax statements
- A canceled check for direct deposit (to get your refund faster)
- Health Insurance statement for 2016: Form 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C
- If you have your own business or own rental property you will also need to bring the total amount of cash you received and a list of what you spent on your business.
- We are dedicated to helping as many community members as we can and encourage taxpayers to be wary of preparers promising faster refunds through expensive financial practices, like loans.
- Want to get started? You can print a copy of our intake packet and bring it to the site with you: Intake packet – English/Spanish or Intake packet English/Chinese
Tax-Aid is offering a limited number of appointments at our tax site at the Fair Oaks Community Center in Redwood City on Thursdays. If you would like to make an appointment, you must sign up on this website. Click here to make an appointment:
Over income limit?
Is your income higher than $54,000? File your taxes at no cost using the IRS Free File Program. Tax-Aid has partnered with Intuit TurboTax and the IRS Free File program to offer a free online option for filing your tax return yourself. If you are comfortable with using a computer and following instructions, this option may be a good fit.
Where’s My Refund