The program is open to all individuals and families with gross incomes of less than $54,000.
Service is on a first-come, first served basis. Show up early and bring anythat you have with you:
- Tax forms from your job (Form W2)
- Any tax forms from your bank or job (including Form 1099s)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number cards for you, your children and/or your spouse
- Any tax forms for your Social Security income or retirement income
- Any other tax forms showing income you received
- Any forms related to a student loan or tuition you paid including the cost of course materials
- The name, address and Social Security number or Employer Identification Number for your babysitter or child care provider
- Property tax statements
- A canceled check for direct deposit (to get your refund faster)
- Health Insurance statement for 2015, 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C (if you have it)
If you have your own business or own rental property you will also need to bring the total amount of cash you received and a list of what you spent on your business. Click here and fill out the online form and we will send you detailed information on all Tax-Aid sites and locations — including the one closest to you — via email this fall. To check on the status of your federal refund, go to www.irs.gov and click on “Where’s My Refund?” To check on your California state refund, go to www.ftb.ca.gov and click on “Refund Status”.
Is your income higher than $54,000? Click here to find tax assistance options.