The program is open to all individuals and families with gross incomes of less than $54,000.
A new law may delay your refund this year. This is a new measure by the IRS to prevent fraud and protect your identity.
No one can speed up your refund. So don’t pay someone who promises they will
File when you normally file and if you file before February 15, plan ahead for a delay in your refund. The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days. Using e-file is the best way to file an accurate tax return and combining e-file with deposit is the fastest way for a taxpayer to get their refund.
Tax-Aid volunteers helped thousands of individuals qualify for and keep 100% of their refunds—over millions of dollars—without worrying about hidden fees or unexpected charges.
We are dedicated to helping as many community members as we can and encourage taxpayers to be wary of preparers promising faster refunds through expensive financial practices, like loans.
Click here to view 2017 tax sites
Service is on a first-come, first served basis. No Appointments are necessary. Show up early and bring any that you have with you:
- Tax forms from your job (Form W2)
- Any tax forms from your bank or other work (including Form 1099s)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number cards for you, your children and/or your spouse
- Any tax forms for your Social Security income or retirement income
- Any other tax forms showing income you receive
- Any forms related to a student loan or tuition you paid including the cost of course material
- The name, address and Social Security number or Employer Identification Number for your babysitter or child care provider
- Property tax statements
- A canceled check for direct deposit (to get your refund faster)
- Health Insurance statement for 2016: Form 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C
If you have your own business or own rental property you will also need to bring the total amount of cash you received and a list of what you spent on your business.
Is your income higher than $54,000? Click here to find tax assistance options.